[OM] OM2S- more reliable than OM4?

Subject: [OM] OM2S- more reliable than OM4?
From: lamadoo@xxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 8:54:45 -0400
The other day, someone was saying that the OM-4 and OM-PC can act up
(electrically) for no apparent reason.  Those are the two bodies I own because
I need to be able to meter with 1600 film and dial in underexposure
compensation.

Are you guys saying that the OM-2S is more reliable than the 4?  I'm working
towards fewer bodies so, would the 2S be a more reliable body to standardize on
than the 4?

My memory of it was that the 2S, 4, and PC are similar under the shells.  If
all of the boards are of the same vintage, does anyone have an idea about what
makes the 2S more reliable than the 4 and PC?

Lama,
former owner of these: OM-1 (pre-n), OM-2n.