Re: [OM] New Digital back for Leica R's

Subject: Re: [OM] New Digital back for Leica R's
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 09:06:31 -0700
It's like comparing apples and oranges but if you have to carry it ...
the R8 is huge. They could almost fit a medium format back on it.

Leica R8      6.2x4x2.5  879g
Mamiya M7II      6.3x4.4x2.6  920g

The modular Telyt R priced at about $20k appears to be a great telephoto
system. A year ago when one appeared on yabe I think I place a $5k bid
... no fang, the reserve was never reached. Camerawest in San Jose might
have sold it though. They stopped listing it in their inventory. It's
hard to imagine that many people(even pros) willing to spend $20k for
the equivalent of three probably great manual focus lenses.

-jeff