Re: [OM] scanning questions

Subject: Re: [OM] scanning questions
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 08:12:35 -0700

>  ....As can be seen with my Ireland shots, I had to
>accept dark foregrounds or washed-out highlights in the sky because...

I have this problem all the time especially with land, water and sky in
the same shot . I think the light around here must be similar to that of
Ireland. Right now I  use the scanner software to first lighten the mids
then darken the shadows just a bit. This tends to bring out detail on
land while leaving the sky alone since it's mostly bright. Finally i
adjust the color balance  since large areas of one color can fool the
software. Anything else i have to do in PhotoShop where I can
selectively adjust exposure. Of course that's assuming I can learn to
use the selection tools. I've given up on the magnetic lasso on this
slow old box.

Mike