Re: [OM] scanning questions

Subject: Re: [OM] scanning questions
From: Dorothée Rapp <om@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 21:18:27 +0200
Hi Mike,

Mike schrieb:
According to different sources I've read that one should,

:)
just today I remembered

http://www.scantips.com/

which I can highly recommend.
I use vuescan (www.hamrick.com) which allows you to scan raw scans (no correction at all) to your disk and do all the tuning and tweaking afterwards either with vuescan too or with PS or PSP or whatever. I must say I'm too lazy to do this though, and mostly start off with a preview of the first frame, change the settings until prview looks right and then scan eht whole film as tiff. The important thing is to capture as much information as possible before changing settings and maybe clipping things you can't get back to then.

HTH!
cheers
:Doro
--
www.doro-foto.de/
Persönlichkeiten werden nicht durch schöne Reden geformt,