[OM] Re: Does buying a medium format make sense anymore?

Subject: [OM] Re: Does buying a medium format make sense anymore?
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 13:34:50 -0700
>From: "Daniel Mitchell" <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
>
>> So maybe 1 lens, and 1 camera, and 1 film, = more freedom to express
>> yourself..
>
> Well, that points at a TLR as a way to start experimenting. I love the old
>Rolleiflex I picked up...

A nice Rolli is considered a collector's item, and can be expensive!

If you really want to experiment "on-the-cheap," look for a Cirroflex. It's a
US-made Rolli knock-off. I got one for $10. The big used places like KEH have
them for only a bit more.

--
: Jan Steinman -- nature Transography(TM): <http://www.Bytesmiths.com>
: HTML email goes right in the trash! Turn off HTML if you want to email me.