Re: [OM] Re: Does buying a medium format make sense anymore?

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Does buying a medium format make sense anymore?
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 01:33:09 -0400
At 01:08 5/20/03, Albert wrote:
Interesting..

I saw the graph and market study from I think it was Kodak. They have 2003 as the year of the "cross-over". Where more digital cameras outsell the film cameras.. because the quality is there..

If it was from Kodak, take it with a grain of salt and look for sources of information. Kodak is pushing very, very hard on digital. Kodak has created a good number phenomenal film products over the years, but Kodak's marketing is **not** to be trusted. That department of Kodak has a very long history of severely stretching the truth. Predicting the future in hopes it will heavily influence that same future coming to pass is not beyond them. They've also stretched technical claims about their digital products slightly beyond the edge of credibility.

-- John