Re: [OM] Does buying a medium format make sense anymore?

Subject: Re: [OM] Does buying a medium format make sense anymore?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 11:09:04 -0700
Certainly a beautiful image, Skip.
I was able to upgrade the 'cord cheap because I found an original Rollei fresnel screen in beat up box in a bargain bin.

Moose

Skip Williams wrote:

I have an old Rolleiflex TLR that I love for slowed-down photography. Moose is right though, that it really needs a modern focusing screen, the older ones are quite dark. But that costs more, which isn't what I wanted to do. A nice 1950's-60's 3.5 Rolleiflex can be had for $250-350 in working condition. As long as it works OK, the pictures will be great. It's not the most convenient travel camera though.
Here's the best picture that I've taken with the Rolleiflex so far:  It's a
downsampled, 1600x1600 pixel image.  The original scan on a friend's Nikon 8000
at 4000dpi was 250 MegBytes!

http://www.skipwilliams.adahost.com/data/Suprise-Lake-Iced-Up-6x6.jpg