Re: [OM] Does buying a medium format make sense anymore?

Subject: Re: [OM] Does buying a medium format make sense anymore?
From: bsandyman@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 13:04:15 +0000
Someone here mentioned that cameras are instruments. It seems to me that so far
as one has choice, choosing a pleasing instrument to work with is no crime.

When I first looked through a Yashicamat years ago I was blown away by the size
of the viewfinder. I find this much more pleasing to look at then the 35mm
viewfinder of even a good camera like the OM2n.

There are of course other reasons to go MF. And economically it is hard to go
wrong. You can get a good starter MF film system for far less then 35mm digital
SLR.

Later on when digital crosses the threshold you can re-evaluate. In the mean
time you will have gotten the chance to try something new.