[OM] ACE Cameras - Was:olympus-digest V2 #4051

Subject: [OM] ACE Cameras - Was:olympus-digest V2 #4051
From: "Jan Sturm \(GMX\)" <jan.sturm@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 06:24:56 +0200
Quoted from the eSif Camera History page at

http://olympus.dementia.org/eSIF/om-sif/camhistory/camhistory.htm

"The Ace bodies were full frame 35mm rangefinder cameras with
exchangeable lenses. Four lenses were available:
35mm/F2.8, 45mm/F2.8, 80mm/F4 and 80mm/F5.6.
They featured parallax compensation, Copal SV shutter with speeds B,
1~1/500, M & X flash synchro. The Ace didn't have a built-in meter, the
Ace-E did.
Accessories were limited to lens shade, filters and everready case.
The Ace E was also sold for Sears & Roebuck using the name "Tower 19"."

>From the picture on the URL, I'm guesstimating the Ace E uses a Selen
Cell - not sure though....

Regards,
Jan