RE: [OM] Hey Buddy, could you spare some change?

Subject: RE: [OM] Hey Buddy, could you spare some change?
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 14:21:59 -0400
I was briefly a member of a camera club several years ago.  It all
seemed to be too much about the gear, the socializing, and the
hanky-panky, and not enough about photography, except as it was
just another shared interest, like the socializing and the hanky-
panky.  I enjoyed the socializing and the hanky-panky (especially
the hanky-panky!) but left after a couple of years.

One of the more frequently used judges of the occasional photo
contest, the owner of a local art gallery, approached every
picture with a sigh, a sneer, and pretty much the same
pronouncement:  "Just another sunset."  "Just another
butterfly."  "Just another dodo bird being eaten by a sabertooth
tiger."  I don't think anybody ever shot anything he thought was
really worthy of his praise.  Not even me!  (Just kidding.)

Nowadays, I shoot only to please myself, except for the occasional
bit of litigation-related photography where I'm just the hired
help.  Except for my wife, and occasionally my N*k*n using son, my
photographs go pretty much unseen, and that suits me just fine.  I
know how great they are.  :-)

Walt