Re: [OM] RE: olympus-digest V2 #4043

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: olympus-digest V2 #4043
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 21:08:37 -0300
My Zuiko MC 135/2.8 serial 1480xx has the slit as well, so it must have the
plastic part. Seems fine so far though.
Wayne

> Both my E.Zuiko SC 135/3.5, ser 2377xx and Zuiko MC 135/2.8, ser 1772xx,
> have the slit you describe and both have the plastic frame. The frame is
> in perfect condition on both, as well :-) .
>
> Moose
>
> clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> >Thomas Heide Clausen wrote:
> >
> >> In seriousness, any way in which I easilly can identify if my 135mm's
are of the "plastic frame" version or not?

> >It's tough, but possible -- maybe!  If you turn the distance ring out all
the way and look inside the rear of the lens, the parts book shows that the
black metal light baffle around the inside of the lens mount of the type
with the plastic insert has a narrow rectangular slot cut into it about half
way down.  Except for that, I don't see much if anything different between
their outward apearance.