Re: [OM] RE: olympus-digest V2 #4043

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: olympus-digest V2 #4043
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 15:06:30 -0700
Both my E.Zuiko SC 135/3.5, ser 2377xx and Zuiko MC 135/2.8, ser 1772xx, have the slit you describe and both have the plastic frame. The frame is in perfect condition on both, as well :-) .

Moose

clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Thomas Heide Clausen wrote:

In seriousness, any way in which I easilly can identify if my 135mm's are of the
"plastic frame" version or not?

It's tough, but possible -- maybe!  If you turn the distance ring out all the
way and look inside the rear of the lens, the parts book shows that the black
metal light baffle around the inside of the lens mount of the type with the
plastic insert has a narrow rectangular slot cut into it about half way down.
Except for that, I don't see much if anything different between their outward
apearance.