Re: [OM] Pentaprism Cancer

Subject: Re: [OM] Pentaprism Cancer
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 08:58:00 -0400
Prism deterioration is caused by a strip of foam that is pressed against the
prism and held in place by the top cover flash bracket.   When old prism
foam is cleaned out, the damage may have already gone through most of the
paint layer on the prism.  If it's been there long enough, it then attacks
the aluminum reflective layer.  It is the damage to this layer that shows in
the viewfinder.
John Hermanson  www.zuiko.com
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743-4714
631-424-2121 For Free Olympus manuals,