[OM] Pentaprism Cancer

Subject: [OM] Pentaprism Cancer
From: "John Wheeler" <wheelej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 14:07:18 +1000
G'day Zuiks,

I had an OM-1 completely refurbished recently including prism replacement.
It's now all pristine and beaut. However I also have been given, retrieved
from the local tip, an OM-2 which is working in all functions but has an
edge degeneration of the prism's silver coating. I can live with this as it
stands but would ask if it can be arrested during a CLA or does the
replacing of the prism foam mean that the prism silvering must be so damaged
that a replacement is necessary? I had heard that removal (say, for cleaning
or re-foaming) meant that a plastic bracket attached to the prism had to be
dislodged and the coating with it. Any information would be gratefully
received.

John.