Re: [OM] OT copyright question

Subject: Re: [OM] OT copyright question
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 15:41:07 EDT
In a message dated 4/30/03 12:10:55 PM Central Daylight Time,
jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> You might think
> if there is a way that you could benefit from publicity they might
> provide you. I would bet they would remove the picture if that is what
> you want. The fact that they credited you would suggest they aren't
> completely self centered.
>
> If you have a web site that you want publicized I'll bet they would
> gladly provide a link to it on their site. Think about how you can
> benefit from an alliance of some sort.

Certainly a reasoned approach and one which might be of mutual benefit.  My
limited experience with lawyers is that unless there are big dollars
involved, they are not interested. If you have a situation that is not
totally screwed up yet, get a couple of lawyers going at each other and it
will be.  If you have any question about your patience, enter into an
arrangement where you have an attorney opposing someone else's attorney, and
it will be tested.  If you think you are "iron willed" sit back and enjoy
being beat into submission.  At the end of the day, guess who is going to
have all the dollars and who is going to have all the aggravation.  You only
get one, not both and you can't spend aggravation.  Disclaimer: all this is
IMHO.  Bill Barber