Re: [OM] OT copyright question

Subject: Re: [OM] OT copyright question
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 17:15:04 -0400
I'm not aware of and haven't read that decision, but I would
hazard a guess that the pivotal point in that case was that this
company was "doing business" in Washington.  For instance, in our
court, we have a major case against Ford Motor Company coming up
next month.  Ford Motor Company's home office is in Dearborn,
Michigan, not in Marietta, Georgia.  But they sure do business
here!  Gotcha!  Last year, we had one against Mercedes Benz, and
they sure don't live here.

But, like with what I suspect is a mom and pop outfit in Houston,
if you want to sue ol' Walt Wayman, who lives and does business
only in Cobb County, Georgia, you'll have to come here.  And my
mama and them will meet you at the courthouse door when you get
here.  :-) It's called "jurisdiction."

Walt