Re: [OM] Light seals for OMs

Subject: Re: [OM] Light seals for OMs
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 15:37:49 -0400
If that picture is of the actual foam pieces, the set is just WRONG and boy,
is that expensive.

Hinge piece should be 47mm X 8mm and 2mm thick (with a notch cut at the
top).  That and the mirror pads are good when self stick.

Slot pieces are a different story.  I'd like to be around to see the auction
winner try to put those self adhesive slot pieces in.  Those will be  a
royal pain in the ass, and is the reason I don't "stick" people with self
stick slot pieces. They are extremely difficult to get in because the self
stick part gets stuck to the side of the slot as you try to slide it down.
If the long slot pieces shown are the correct length (5.25") , then the
little slot piece (which goes to the right of the film counter return tab)
is way too short, or you're getting very long slot pieces, which will give
you a lot of left over foam.

Someone who does a lot of foam replacement jobs may be able to develop a
science for installing self stick slot foam, but for the occasional or first
time user, they probably won't be able to finish the installation.

Curt Fargo:  www.fargo-ent.com   sells bulk foam for the do-it-yourselfer.

John Hermanson  www.zuiko.com
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743-4714
631-424-2121 For Free Olympus manuals,