Re: [OM] T32 Flash Duration

Subject: Re: [OM] T32 Flash Duration
From: "Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 23:43:04 -0400
Cc: <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Matt, Is this a trick question?

The Shipman book says the shortest burst from a T32 is 1/40,000 = .000025

For EI 100 and f/8, it says the *minimum flash-to-subject distance is .5
metres*, very nearly your figure.  So, at that distance,
the flash will quench in the shortest possible time, approx .000025 Seconds.
That's four zeros.

.6 meters from a T32 may not be tolerated by the bird!

Lama

From: "Matt BenDaniel" <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Let's say I position a single T32 at a distance of 0.6 meters from a large
> midtone object, and use it in normal auto mode F8 (ISO
100).