Re: [OM] Hazy 65-200

Subject: Re: [OM] Hazy 65-200
From: "Julian Davies" <julian_davies@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 11:16:45 +0100
I have really struggled to find "ANY" 65 - 200 without this problem. I am
beginning to believe that they *ALL* have it to some extent, but in some you
need to look close with a bright point - source from the front (holding it
up to a domestic spot - lamp is good). OTT? Not if you want to do contre -
jour. Think yours hasn't got it? Have another look. If you're clear, you're
lucky.
Conventional wisdom is that this is oil, but it etches the element, so it's
just as bad as fungus (I had one cleaned under guarantee - came back 10%
better than it went). It doesn't seem to be a factor of usage, as I've seen
it on lenses ranging from obviously - well - used to otherwise - mint, to
varying degrees, but *NONE* which are *TOTALLY* clear have yet come to light
for me.
In short, if it's hazy, and you paid good money for it, send it back.

Julian
Cambs, UK