Re: [OM] Aaaargh - I did it...

Subject: Re: [OM] Aaaargh - I did it...
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 19:46:32 -0500

Brian Swale wrote:

> Insert  film leader into take-up spool. I have noted the learned comments on
> the need to not poke the leader completely through the spool. I usually DO
> poke it right through and have never had the kind of bad consequence that
> Clint and John have warned about. So - I have noted and wondered what is
> different between me and their experience.

Some folks are just lucky!  Though it may depend on how far the film may come
out, for
example.  Still, just to show that we're not making it up, the instructions for
the
OM-1n and OM-10 and OM-G and so forth all have illustrations showing NOT to do
that.
It's not in the OM-3, 4 or 4t books that I can find, though, but I've
encountered
damage to the MD Rewind switch from that technique.