Re: [OM] 18V Control Grip: Obscure Trivia

Subject: Re: [OM] 18V Control Grip: Obscure Trivia
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 23:59:20 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 18 Apr 2003, Walt Wayman wrote:

> When you say the "long cord," are you referring to the 10-meter
> one?  I've never even seen one of those and didn't know there was
> such a thing until just now when I looked in the Motor Drive Group
> manual.  I keep being forced to learn new things, whether I want
> to or not.

Yes, the warning refers to the 10m cord.  The instruction sheet I got
with it says:

    With the Relay Cord 10m, due to the greater resistance in the long cord,
    a voltage drop of approximately one volt may occur with direct DC power.
    This may result in a slightly slower framing rate.  Therefore, when using
    the Relay Cord 10m, best results are obtained with the M.AC Control Box
    and standard AC current.

It doesn't say you can't use it with the battery packs, it's just that you
may not get 5fps.
                                -mark