SV: [OM] T32 vs non OEM flash

Subject: SV: [OM] T32 vs non OEM flash
From: "Lars Bundesen" <lars.bundesen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 15:15:55 +0200
Hi, James

There is a number of flashes of other brands, that work fine and TTl with OM
cameras.

I have for instance a Soligor flash that is multi-dedicated to a number of
camara brands.

An advantage of such a flash can be that it is taller than the T32 and thus
less prone to red eyes.

The T32 covers a wider angle than most flashes, though, and is therefore
better with wide angle lenses. The T32 covers a 24 mm lens, I think, (21 mm
with the diffuser), while most others only cover a 35 mm lens.

If you can find a reasonably priced flash of another brand with TTL for OM
and a tilt head, that would be a good choice, I think.

BTW, I have used Lumiquest reflectors for years for bounce flash. They are
great - but not cheap.

Regards, Lars