Re: [OM] Baseball photography - I want a Tamron 80-200/2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] Baseball photography - I want a Tamron 80-200/2.8
From: "R. Jackson" <jackson.robert.r@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 19:37:57 -0700
Ooops. I meant to send that privately. Sorry.

-Rob

On Tuesday, April 15, 2003, at 07:36  PM, R. Jackson wrote:

Let me know if you want to get rid of that Sigma zoom. I'll be happy to take it off your hands.

-Rob

On Tuesday, April 15, 2003, at 07:32  PM, you wrote:

I shot the Sigma 70-210/2.8 APO zoom one game. Works well, and I like the bright viewfinder, but the two-touch action is a little slow. Last week I tried the very slightly fungus-infected Sigm 80-200/3.5-4 one-touch zoom. Shifting from 200 mm for action at home to 80 mm for first base was better, but the rig was not well balanced on my monopod. Which brings me to. . .

I'm now seriously looking for a Tamron SP 80-200/2.8 Adaptall zoom. With the tripod mounting ring, it should be the best of both worlds. I'm calling KEH tomorrow about one, and monitoring the evil-bay, but any leads will be
appreciated.

Regards,
Gary Edwards