Re: [OM] Lost Zuiko in the Mail

Subject: Re: [OM] Lost Zuiko in the Mail
From: Michael <moc63@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 19:38:10 +1000
Some years back I purchased a Zuiko 35-80,  OM3ti, Motor Drive 2 and other
less expensive items from a seller in the US.  I am in Sydney, Australia.

I asked for them to be posted in two separate packages as I was concerned
about loosing everything if it went astray.  The seller obliged and in two
weeks I received one of the parcels.

The second containing the 3ti never arrived and some ten weeks later it was
returned to sender, address unknown, although it was addressed exactly as
the first.  He found it on his door step when he came home from work.  It
had been to Sydney, and for some unknown reason, it was returned to the US.

The seller contacted me and was as flabbergasted as I was.  He went back to
USPS and they kindly sent it again as an EMS parcel, free of charge, and it
was delivered in five days.

So don't give up hope when things seem to be lost in the post.  I am of the
opinion that 99.990f people are honest and through years of international
and domestic dealing I have never lost an item. (close though)

Michael.