Re: [OM] Lost Zuiko in the Mail

Subject: Re: [OM] Lost Zuiko in the Mail
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 18:05:23 -0800

On Thursday, April 3, 2003, at 12:47 PM, Giles wrote:

Sometimes stuff that is supposed to go by air end up going surface, in which case it takes a lot longer. Stuff can also seem to get stuck in USPS eddy current where it sits in the US postal system for ages before being found and dispatched. Both of these scenarios have happened to me. I think the intended recipient will get it before you do, otherwise if the address is way off, you will probably get it back eventually.

Giles

And not just USPS. Good old brown(UPS) delivered my telescope tripod, but not the telescope. It was lost for another three weeks. UPS was unresponsive. It was apparently sitting in their Oklahoma City facility for a while before someone thought it would be a good idea to send it back to the merchant. The merchant sent it again.

Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA