Re: [OM] To buy or not to buy

Subject: Re: [OM] To buy or not to buy
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 07:11:52 -0600
At 01:10 AM 4/3/2003 -0500, you wrote:
I didn't replace it with another OM2000. I bought an OM-PC as a second body. The OM-2000 didn't feel right.

I've made some very good exposures with the OM2000. It has been a completely competent camera when I've needed its capabilitlies most (in the winter). Its meter is better than an OM-1's. It has the capability of timer/MLU/aperture stopdown run of just a couple seconds.

It feels different and is cheaper. Only a fool would think it will last as long as a single-digit OM held to the same tasks. In the meantime, it's another tool on the shelf. My OM-2S gives me a feeling of pride in ownership; the OM2000 doesn't. Still, it's another tool on the shelf.

Joel W.