Re: [OM] To buy or not to buy

Subject: Re: [OM] To buy or not to buy
From: "Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 01:10:47 -0500
I didn't replace it with another OM2000.  I bought an OM-PC as a second body.
The OM-2000 didn't feel right.

I probably made a mistake.  It's probably more logical to buy a camera with a
very recent set of circuit boards but I wanted a PC
again.

The 2000 probably isn't a "horrible" camera but it doesn't feel like an OM
camera.  You get some things (top shutter, faster sync)
but you don't get any things that were important enough (digital storage!) to
warrant the adjustment, the cognitive dissonance.  The
film speed dial is in the wrong place.  The wind lever is unfamiliar.  Most
importantly, the shutter speed ring is completely
foreign and (in my one-roll experience) requires removing my eye from the
camera.  I'm at the bifocal age and you'd be alarmed at
how that slows you down when reading dials.  Finally, the shutter release is
different.  (Actually, the word 'shitty' comes to mind.
Sorry.)

It isn't digital but it isn't familiar.  It's neither 'fish' nor 'fowl'.  It's
'fil'.  Pass.
Lama