Re: [OM] So digital can do it all?

Subject: Re: [OM] So digital can do it all?
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 18:59:36 -0800
>From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>At 01:44 PM 4/2/2003 +0100, Giles Stewart wrote:
>
> >Yes and the computer had 16mb of ram.
>
>*Luxury*!
>
>My Atari Mega STe had a whopping 4 Megs o' RAM, and my IBM-owning friends
>used to drool over that much RAM.

Luxury, indeed! My Heathkit H-89 had SIXTEEN KILOBYTES of RAM!

>(Now I own a Dell that's a dedicated
>graphics workstation that has 2,048 Megs of 800 MHz DDR-SDRAM, and there
>are days when I think it's not enough and/or it's too slowwwwww...

Yea, Wintel machines are like gas engines, Macs are like diesels. I routinely
work on 1.5GB images on my 400 MHz Power Mac. (It ain't the RPMs, it's the
torque! :-)

--
: Jan Steinman -- nature Transography(TM): <http://www.Bytesmiths.com>