Re: [OM] Re: Standard lens?

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Standard lens?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 14:24:44 -0800
Recent experience at the ZA Bay Area meeting indicates 50mm isn't really wide enough for groups at a reataurant table. Anybody remember me almost falling backwards over some chairs and another table when I stepped back with the 50/1.4 to take you picture?

Moose

Thomas Heide Clausen wrote:

<>
For your use, which you write up as "restaurants", I imagine that
focal-length-wise the 50 may be better for you: a 55mm is slightly
longer, and restaurants in general do not sport a lot of space to
"step back". So alone the sligltly larger angle-of-view may make the
50/1.2 more desireable?