Re: [OM] Standard lens?

Subject: Re: [OM] Standard lens?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 14:21:28 -0800
Thanks to all of you who had such nice things to say about my little treatise. BLUSH :-[

Just trying to return for all the amazing breadth and depth of info I've gleaned on the list from others. Although I don't use 50mm lenses all that often, they were an early subject I investigated when I joined the list. The list and Gary's tests were where I first had independent confirmation that my eyes and instinct were right all those years ago when I started using my newly acquired 35-70/3.6 in place of my early 50/1.8 whenever I didn't need the extra speed. After all, everybody said primes were always better than zooms. Certainly true of the Nikkor 43-86/3.5 zooms of the time, but not always true.

Moose

Piers Hemy wrote:

Moose

Thank you for an outstandingly helpful distillation of data and translation of
information into wise counsel (not that it is out of character) in a form which
I haven't seen before.  Bravo.