Re: [OM] How to hot shoe supports back on?

Subject: Re: [OM] How to hot shoe supports back on?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 20:52:42 -0800
My original, pre-MD OM-1 came with one. There is a different, larger one that came on OM-2(n)s with little fingers for the additional contact holes. I think I didn't get mine because the camera store installed the hot shoe and threw it away. I suspect that was the fate of many of them. They are really little, nondescript things and really easy to lose. I do have one sitting in a black OM-1 to back up my memory that they do really exist. All we need is somebody with one of the OM-2 models and somebody who can do plastic molding and we all could have lots of them, like Beljan and the MD & battery covers.

Moose

Jim Brokaw wrote:

According to legend the body came with a little plastic cap for the screw
socket... my two bodies that I bought new didn't have it, and I can't recall
ever having seen one. From the look of the socket, it appears that the tail-end
piece from a traditional BIC pen might fit if chopped a bit creatively...