Re: [OM] Any Europeans want some Flash Stuff

Subject: Re: [OM] Any Europeans want some Flash Stuff
From: Giles <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 23:12:30 +0000

Can US banks do foreign currency cashiers cheques?

I know that in Australia and Ireland you can just walk into any major bank and purchase such a cheque, you do not have to have an account.

The issuing bank has a subsidiary or affiliate bank in the country you are sending payment to who honour the cheque locally, so to the recipient of the cheque it should be like receiving any normal cashiers cheque. Excepting the Netherlands, where the banking sector seems to be run by piranha.

I imagine Citibank would be a good place to start.

Giles

Can somebody help a fella out.
This is about a deal that is falling apart because of problems on my
end.
I was getting ready to send an International MO off for this stuff, but
find out after I agree to the deal that I can not get one for Italy. I

snip

Thanks,
John