Re: [OM] Any Europeans want some Flash Stuff

Subject: Re: [OM] Any Europeans want some Flash Stuff
From: John and Julie Ockman <jrockman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 13:03:02 -0500
Tom,
 I've tried interspersing my answers among your questions/statemnets
below:

Tom Scales wrote:

> John,
>
> Federico, right?
>
> I saw all his stuff.
I was wondering if you had, I saw your post on the group soliciting to
buy Olympus.

>All you're trying to do is get a payment in Euros, so
> it shouldn't be impossible. Have you checked at your bank?  American Express
> office? Western Union office?
>
> Your last resort is a wire transfer -- I KNOW your bank can do this, but it
> will probably cost about $25.

The American Express/Western Union options are as expensive as the bank
transfer one-sometimes even more. My bank can not do the wire transfer
because it is actually a small Credit Union.

> Unfortunately, you're at the high-end of pricing, so you may have a
> challenge getting someone to take over the deal.  Can you just walk away?

I can walk away, but I would be disgusted with myself if I did. I do
have a small sense of honor.
I see this as a reasonably good price for someone in Euorope because of
the high prices I see there, but only reasonably so, for us in the Sates
with the high shipping costs.
Thanks for the answer,

John