Re: Re: Re: Re: [OM] [OT] Shutterbug "discovery"

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: [OM] [OT] Shutterbug "discovery"
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 21:21:29 -0800

> Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> As I stated, I'm for progress in the area, only I feel it's bound to
> lead
> to un-education of the public photographically speaking (already has
> from
> what I can see).

You should check the questions asked in some of the fora (?) on photo.net, I think the "un-education" process is well down the track already. The people who post the questions on photo.net are just the tip of the iceberg, the ones who actually
thought enough about something to ask a question, as for the rest...

Wayne Harridge

I've done Photo.net. It's a hoot at times but mainly a waste of time. Full of egos, very little good discussion about anything I've interest in.

In a way, though, it's a good resource (if you're willing to wade through a tone of dreck to get to what's pertinent).

Tris

P.S. I believe I'm the only person left from the Great Ban a couple years ago, something I'm rather proud of in a curious way. <g>