[OM] Re: "Americanism," the American way and this list OT

Subject: [OM] Re: "Americanism," the American way and this list OT
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 14:58:21 -0800
>From: "R. Jackson" <jackson.robert.r@xxxxxxxxx>
>
>If you use the same rationale, then we, as humanitarian people, should
>be invading and conquering nations all over the world.

Here's a short of mine that the Oregonian recently published in their "Choice
Cuts" section:

"I'm sorry, leader "S" of country "I". But you have repeatedly violated UN
resolutions, you have brutally repressed your indigenous minority population,
and we know you have nuclear weapons of mass destruction. As the only remaining
super power, it is our job to be "world cop," so we have no choice but to
invade Israel, Prime Minister Sharon."

I don't think it's America that foreigners hate, it's the American blind
hypocrisy that can invade one country that mis-treats its people, while sending
massive foreign aid to another.
--
: Jan Steinman -- nature Transography(TM): <http://www.Bytesmiths.com>