Re: [OM] [OT]Teacher salaries

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT]Teacher salaries
From: Gregg Iverson <golftooter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 18:45:59 -0500
At 01:56 PM 3/16/03, you wrote:
I once knew a man who quit his job as a teacher to take a
higher-paid position within the same school district -- a union
janitor. He said the kids didn't treat him any worse, and there
was no homework to grade.

Then there are all the people who do what everyone else would
consider teaching, that is, they stand in front of the class like
a teacher, give the kids instruction like a teacher, and grade
their work like a teacher, but they're not officially teachers,
they're instructional aids, classified employees, or some similar
term. $15 an hour around here. Most of the ones I know have at
least one other job to pay the bills.

I could have worked as a substitute teacher in Detroit, MI in 1970 for those wages!

gregg