Re: [OM] [OT]Teacher salaries

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT]Teacher salaries
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 09:06:15 -0500
Our youngest (now 28) began his first teaching job last year at a
salary of $42,000.  BUT he has a Ph.D. from Vanderbilt and is
teaching at one of Nashville's more exclusive private schools,
Harding Academy.  Still, that doesn't seem like a lot considering
the cost in both time and treasure to obtain eight years of
education.  And then there's the dissertation!

The oldest daughter spent her eight years getting a degree in
veterinary medicine and upon graduation three years ago was making
more than double a teacher's salary right out of the box.  Her
earning potential is many times that of a teacher.  But, then,
there's the biting and scratching.

On second thought, that's probably a hazard they both risk.

Walt