Re: [OM] OM 40 & SCA 300 Flash

Subject: Re: [OM] OM 40 & SCA 300 Flash
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas" <cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 22:20:22 +0100
Hi all.

>My OM 4 works ok with the T32, showing the correct flash TTL exposure on the
>display. This camera do the same with my Agfatronic 383 CS flash working on
>TTL with the SCA 300 system.
>
>On the other hand, my OM 40 do the same with the T 32 flash, but working
>with the Agfatronic 338 CS with the SCA 300 system, the flash symbol don't
>blinks to confirm the correct flash exposure.

I don't have an OM-40, but I've seen differences between my Metz 40 MZ-3i
(with SCA 321) and the Olympus T-20: with both OM-4 and OM-2S, the little
arrows beside the '60' on the viewfinder's LCD show up just after
connecting the T-20 (even while charging); but the Metz doesn't show the
arrows until the flash is fully charged (and the LED is turned on).

With the OM-2S the LED flashes to confirm correct exposure, with both the
T-20 and the SCA (haven't tried the OM-4 -- there's film in it).

BTW, in case of _overexposure_, the OM-4's LED (IIRC) blinks while showing
'OVER' in the LCD, but the OM-2S LED _doesn't_. Maybe you are reaching
overexposure, if the OM-40/PC behaves more like the OM-2S(P).

Hope this helps.

Saludos,

Carlos J. Santisteban

<cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>