Re: [OM] OM 40 & SCA 300 Flash

Subject: Re: [OM] OM 40 & SCA 300 Flash
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 21:24:50 -0800
Possibly apropos of nothing, I would say from experience that the first thing to do when getting odd results in the area is to throughly clean the flash and shoe contacts. I have especially found this to be true for the OM-40(PC). Those ready/exposure confirmation lights are low voltage and oil, corrosion, etc. can attenuate the signal so they don't work. Using different brands, you are going to be dealing with different coltage and current sources and different types of contacts made of different materials. Make sure the contacts are clean.

Moose