Fwd: Re: [OM] Reviewing the Basics of PL's with OM-4 :::off-line:::

Subject: Fwd: Re: [OM] Reviewing the Basics of PL's with OM-4 :::off-line:::
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 10:36:14 -0600
I had some off-list discussion about my polarizer question with Gary Reese which he has given me permission to post. This post was a followup to his original message in which he said he uses a filter factor of 2 stops with all his polarizers. Gary said the 2 stops is a sort of an average of all of his polarizers, which vary in filter factor from 1 and 2/3 to 2 and 1/3 stops. I asked him how he determines a filter factor for his polarizers, and that's where his response below picks up.

Joel W.