Re: [OM] Need advice on Manfrotto 410 / Bogen 3257 Geared Head?

Subject: Re: [OM] Need advice on Manfrotto 410 / Bogen 3257 Geared Head?
From: William Biesele <biesele@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 12:53:09 -0700
I've used the 410 head with those lenses and others on two different versions
of the 3021 legs. For macro work the 3021 short is much more convenient that
the long legged versions and more stable in my experience. But that's for the
subjects I use the macro gear to photograph. It is possible to get vibration
with the 410 head carrying a long heavy load on a stable tripod. First step to
stability with any of the 2021 legs is to replace the center column with a bolt
and some washers.

All in all it's a fine combination, a little tall for some shots but usually
very workable.