[OM] Parts purchase volunteers, please read

Subject: [OM] Parts purchase volunteers, please read
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 06:38:13 -0500
OK, let's see if we can really do this.  We still haven't heard from Clint
or John, so no bids until we do :)

Below I have put three links, one for each value.  The first says you're
willing to donate (a key word, more below) $20. The second is $50 and the
third is $100.  All you have to do is click on the link and click send.  I
will put together a total and see whether we can bid for a reasonable
amount. Even if you have already indicated a willingness, please do it again
via one of these links.

I'll total it up and post the results.  Although I won't do anything until I
post the results, please consider carefully before you email.  Consider this
email a contract to pay up to that amount if we win the bid. I have great
fear that I will bid and then never get reimbursed. A year ago, I could have
handled that. Now I can't.  I'm willing to be the coordinator, but don't
want to get killed. The word donate is also key. You cannot be expecting
anything in return. If you need one of these parts, even if we win, you will
have to BUY it from John or Clint.  No special favors, no freebies, nothing,
nada.

Here are the links:

parts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=$20
parts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=$50