Re: [OM] 4/3 at PMA

Subject: Re: [OM] 4/3 at PMA
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 21:02:51 +0100
Oh the 4/3......

I was thinking....What would the reason be to buy into this system?
It's a "new" system that takes all-new accessories and is still
mostly vapor. All of us zuikoholics have already been told that we
will be left high and dry with our prescious, which will not be
compatible with the 4/3. Nor will lenses from any other manufacturer
be compatible for that matter.

I took the concequence myself, and bought into Pentax when Olympus
announced what we alreay knew: that the OM was not only dying but
dead. Pentax recently announced that they will be releasing the ist-D
digital body, compatible with their (entire) K-mount series of
lenses, and with a really small form-factor - something which thus
far has been what the 4/3 has been all about.

Of course for me, that is great - but it still leaves me wondering,
what does the 4/3 system really have to offer anyone at this point in
time? Want small: go ist-d. Want big and feature full: go D100. Want
full-frame and IS, go D30. What would the catch-phrase for the 4/3
be?

Olympus/Kodak/Fuji really have me puzzled with the 4/3 - anyone knows
anything?