Re: [OM] New Pentax DSLR

Subject: Re: [OM] New Pentax DSLR
From: Steve Dropkin <steve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 04:33:11 -0600
Cc: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
On the pentax list there was a lot of discussion about this kicking
the proverbial ass off the vapor-4/3 system from Olympus/Kodak.
Personally, I think that if Pentax can maintain the price, then we
have a winner that's going to be hard to beat, especially for an
entirely new system such as thr 4/3.

Now, I am probably going to have heavy objects thrown at me when I
get to the next Z.A. meeting......

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone ... and it won't be me.

A few weeks ago, I followed Jan Steinman's advice to not get left behind in the world of digital photography. I bought a digital camera and have been having lots of fun learning this new paradigm. It's nothing fancy at all -- no E10/20 or DSLR, just a 2MP camera with a lot of manual features and some accessory lenses. No OM content, though, because it's a Canon. I didn't see anything in the Oly line at that price that offered as many "manual" features. *shrug* I really like my OMs and would have been happy to stay in the Oly fold. It's a shame they seem to be missing the boat.

Steve