RE: [OM] New Pentax DSLR

Subject: RE: [OM] New Pentax DSLR
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas" <cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 17:39:45 +0100
Hi, Wayne and everyone.

>"The compatible lenses are K, Ka, Kaf and Kaf2 mount lenses, screw mount
>lenses, 645, and 67 series lenses with the need of a required adapter.
>Some of
>the functions of some lenses may not activate depending on the choice of
>lens."
>
>If they use an adapter for the K mount, etc/, there is no reason that a
>similar
>adapter couldn't be constructed to accept OM lenses.

I think this body takes K/KA/KAF/KAF2 lenses directly, as (nearly) any
K-mount (or its derivates) camera. The adapter is only needed for M42 screw
mount lenses (same register as K-mount family) and medium format P*ntax 645
& 67 (much larger register).

OM mount has only 0.54 mm more register than K-mount (46mm vs. 45.46mm).
I'm afraid there's no way to make an adapter for Zuikos -- at least one for
infinity focusing *without* extra glass.

Carlos J. Santisteban

<cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<http://cjss.galeon.com>