re:[OM] loss of photography data / request for help

Subject: re:[OM] loss of photography data / request for help
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 12:54:00 -0800
> The loss of my bookmarks file has meant the loss of a five year =
> collection of photo web site URLs, ....

John, I can't tell from the digest if you are using a Mac or Windose but
I'm assuming windose. I suffered the same thing and can empathize. a)
First of all check the Netscape/users/(your_profile_here) folder for an
old bookmark.bak netscape.htm or something similar file. You might get
lucky. b) Check for an old backup of your hard drive. You may find some
of your links. c) if you lost your bookmarks because of a system crash
then run scandisk and check the file that scandisk saves. Open in
notepad and sort through the gibberish for any remnants of your URL's

good luck
mike
(who now backs up his bookmarks frequently)