RE: [OM] OT Netscape bookmarks

Subject: RE: [OM] OT Netscape bookmarks
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 09:47:20 +1300
John wrote

>Can anyone please tell me the name of the file with extension that
>contains one's Netscape 4.79 Navigator's bookmarks.

>Since yesterday my entire bookmarks have vanished.

I have faced this problem in the past with early versions of Opera (which I
prefer).

What I do now is have another directory with where I place backups. If I find
the bookmarks and hot-list gone, I just copy the backup into the Opera
working directory.

I also make sure to back up these lists any time I add a valuable new item.

Usually it is not possible to undelete the lost files because one never knows
when the files disappear, and the files will have been overwritten during
subsequent use of the computer.

Brian