SV: [OM] Looking for 50mm f2 Macro info!

Subject: SV: [OM] Looking for 50mm f2 Macro info!
From: "Lars Bundesen" <lars.bundesen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 1996 03:48:09 +0100
Hi, Albert

The British magazine Practical Photography did a test of a number of Zuiko
lenses in their February 1991 issue: 21/3.5; 24/2.8; 50/1.8; 50 macro/2.0;
85/2.0 and the 200/4.0.

The 200 mm was a disappointment, getting a low score on the lab test, while
the others were quite excellent.

The conclusion of the test was: "The star performers in this group, however,
share a focal length of 50 mm. The conventional standard lens enjoys some
really biting sharpness across the entire frame, and looks a genuine steal
at £65. The pukka macro version, though larger and hideously expensive at
£350, also features excellent centre and edge definition. Plus it has this
remarkable ability to get close, really close, without any fall-off in
performance."

Apart from the values at F16, where the macro lens has higher scores, there
is little difference in performance between the, judged from the charts in
the test.

I do not have a scanner, so I can't send you a copy of this test, but you
might be able to find the issue of this magazine at a library. Or does
somebody else have it?

Lars