[OM] Different Focus problem

Subject: [OM] Different Focus problem
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 19:53:02 -0800
In my continuing search for the perfect, do everything, lens I just got a Tamron 28-200/3.8-5.6. Open it up. Looks great, lnib. Grab an OMPC body off the shelf, put the lens on and go outside to look through it. In middle to tele focal lengths, everything looks fine. Zoom down to 28mm and things look fuzzy. Check more closely and find that I can't focus to infinity at the wide end. Closer stuff focuses fine. I just can't find anything that seems wrong with the lens, so I go in and grab an OM-4. Ah, now focus is fine at all fls. Try out another OMPC, fine. Try a 24-40 zoom on the first OMPC, won't focus to infinity.

So before I dig into this, anybody know why a body would focus to infinity with long focal lengths and not with short ones? That is for shorter fls, the lens goes to the infinity mark, where the viewfinder image of distant objects on other bodies is in focus, but the view finder on this body isn't in focus.

Moose