Re: [OM] 2-13 screen problem

Subject: Re: [OM] 2-13 screen problem
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 11:54:24 -0800
Is the screen properly seated in the holder and the holder frame fully snapped into place? I have replaced 1-13 screens in OM-4(T) bodies with 2-4 and 2-13 screens without any focus problems. Is it possible the pin on which the mirror rests got bent while you were in there? That will throw the focus off - infinity or scale focus will still be correct on the film, but the viewfinder focus will be off.

Ralf Loi wrote:

Some time ago I bought a 2-13 screen for my OM-4T. For some reasons (too long
to explain here), I didn't notice this strange
behaviour: with the new screen the focus seems off.
Is it possible focus was not off at first, so you didn't notice it because it wasn't there, and something else has occurred since then?

This problem is evident when pointing at some very distant subject (at
infinity), where every lens
seems to focus correctly at the (say) 10m mark instead at the infinity mark.
Moreover, the problem is more noticeable with some lenses (28/2 and
50/1.8) and less with others (21/3.5, 135/2.8).

Yes, any such problem will be more obvious with faster lenses. Remember focusing is always done at full aperture, where depth of field is least, thus assuring most accurate focusing and enough light to see to focus.

Moose